A) General Assembly The General Assembly is an institution composed of elites, intellectuals and thinkers following the Ahl al-Bayt (a.s)from all over the world.
The members of this forum are constantly in touch with the Ahlulbayt (a.s)World Assembly and meet every four years to policy and review opportunities, threats and strategies for their activities.
B) The Supreme Council
The Supreme Council consists of a group of prominent members of the General Assembly who are responsible for approving the policies, programs and budget of the Ahlulbayt (a.s)World Assembly and they have the role of overseeing its executive areas.
C) The Secretary General
The Secretary General is the highest executive official of the Ahlulbayt (a.s)World Assembly, who is elected by the Supreme Council to run the Assembly and implement the approved policies and programs.
So far, four secretaries-general have been elected to manage this matter, all of whom are well-educated and well-known figures in the Islamic world:
- Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Taskhiri; From May 1990 to August 1999.
- Dr. Ali Akbar Velayati; From August 1999 to October 2002.
- Ayatollah Mohammad Mehdi Asefi (RA); From September 2002 to April 2004.
- Ayatollah Mohammad Hassan Akhtari; From April 2004 to September 2019.
- Ayatollah Reza Ramezani; From September 2019 until now.
The Secretary-General's staff areas include the Executive, Economic, International, Parliamentary, juridical, Cultural, and Deputy Secretary-General's Departments.
These areas operate in the following areas:
Establishing communication and support for members of the -General Assembly, local assemblies and real and juridical personalities in the Islamic world;
-Compilation and publication of books, magazines, software and cultural products with the content of Islamic education in various languages;
Holding regional, international and inter-Islamic conferences;
-Creating and supporting Islamic websites;
-Charity and economic activities with the aim of helping the followers of Ahl al-Bayt (a.s);
-Concluding cooperation agreements with Islamic and Ahl al-Bayt(a.s)institutions and centers;
-Encouraging the followers of Ahl al-Bayt (a.s)and establishing religious organizations and cultural institutions;
-Supporting local religious activists and missionaries;
-Useful and healthy information in the face of arrogant media and news restrictions.
- Support for mosques, schools,
Hosseiniyahs, Islamic centers, libraries, medical centers and public benefit institutions.
- Helping the deprived, the poor and the victims of natural disasters and terrorist incidents.
- Supporting scientific growth and supporting the education of the followers of Ahl al-Bayt (a.s)